Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Fear in Clarity...

You may finally be clear on the direction you want to take your life, but are you free of the new found fear that comes with that new open space...

So a few months back I was still racking my brain trying to figure out, what am I going to do with all these passions?  How do I incorporate the things that make me feel all tingly inside and those that best serve to empower the people around me?...

I was sitting in a seminar for self help (in support of one of my family members) and I said to myself...this is what I want to do...but not like this.  I had reservations in going in fears that it would be a money focused organization.  This felt more like a cult that they pressured people into attending by making anyone who didn't want to invest monetarily, feel like they had issues of denial.  Which wasn't my issue at all.  My struggle was that I felt it was very sales pitchy, it felt inauthentic.  If you read an earlier blog of mine you'd know one of my goals was to right books, travel and do speaking engagements and at some point use my psychology degree and personal experience of growth to impact the lives of others in a positive way.  So like a lightening storm I kept getting ideas throughout the forum and eventually tuned out the "salesman" on stage completely.  Yes, many things he was saying were true and impactful but the approach ruined the authenticity of what my mission will be.

So I went home and started writing things down and dreaming up everything that would make others feel like they can conquer the world...or at least tackle something they've been procrastinating.  Part of my initial struggle in finding the outlet of all of my passions was integrating them into one place.  I happen to be one of those people with 100 passions.  Im amazed at how it all hit me, how passionate I am about helping others (especially since I feel like I spend most of my days doing this with my friends and random strangers at places like Kohls) anyway.  Why am I amazed at how a Psychology major loves thinking about how to best tackle anything in life that tries to hold her back, hold her friends back, and the likes of strangers?  Duh.  People always devulge their troubles and trust me with their deepest secrets and I am grateful to be someone they feel they can trust.  I guess Im just surprised when it's a complete stranger in a store who's quite a bit older than me, asking for advice.  Maybe thats all part of the divine plan, that the universe works tirelessly to connect us to our hearts work,  but only when you're paying enough attention to notice do you see it.  Part of allowing this energy to flow is about how open you are.  That day in that crazy forum, I chose to be open, knowing that I wasn't going to buy into a weekend away, I still was being supportive and open to hearing something that might strike a cord in my life.

In all of the bing, bing, bings, I started to get scared.  What if it doesn't work out?  What if it fails?  What if then everyone laughs at the failure?  How do I start?  etc etc etc.  So many questions were plaguing this passionate heart of mine at once.  When I got home I started telling a few trusted friends about my new mission...to pick their brains.  They loved the idea, mainly because you could hear the excitement in my voice.  I came up with a name and an acronym and an overall mission; this was the easy part because no one really knows at this point so its safe.  The fear continued to slow me down and distract me away from making real public moves.  None of this makes any sense because anyone who knows me understands that I am the last person to care about what people think.  I have always been a perfectionist tho, someone who's fiercely competitive in business and in succeeding in general.  Although these are all true characteristics of my personality, they were all used for someone elses dream, to elevate their passion and fill their pockets.  Why if I am this motivated and confident in my grind for others can I not reallocate that for myself?  Truth is...I can, its just in how much I am willing to go balls to the wall and all for me.  I thought the clarity in knowing what I wanted to do would kill my fears??
(meh, lies!!)

Having courage is about feeling the fear but walking ahead anyway; toward it, essentially to give it the middle finger.  I will truly be doing the work, creating workshops that I have personal experience in, ones that I challenge myself to do exactly what I am advising others to do.  Helping the millennials reinvest in themselves and create a purposeful lifestyle is about instilling confidence and a fresh spirit that is honest about how life is scary and that there are a lot of unknowns but that doesn't mean that it can't be amazing once that fear subsides.  Sparking momentum for those young and old hopefuls who just couldn't get started, by creating action plans and accountability partners.  Bringing education and useful tools to those interested in ALL areas of life; health, fitness, spirituality, healthy eating, life hacks, relationship overhauling, tips and tricks to traveling and financial stability etc.  I know this sounds like "I know it all" right.  WRONG.  I will be doing ALOT of research on the net, continue to read books and pulling from my personal experiences, combining all resources in coming up with useful and interesting material to INSPIRE everyone who's...open.  Most of all, to help others create the momentum thru initially taking action, propelling them forward toward kicking a*s in life!!  Making it all count.

I can't wait to grow, to INSPIRE...to be INSPIRED.

Scared Bi*ch walking...
xo, Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment