Monday, July 20, 2015

Taking LIFE Seriously

Any of us who have struggled with our weight can attest to the difficulty of being on a diet.  Restricting ourselves to look great for an event or exercising for the upcoming summer and fear of how we will look in a bathing suit.  While only a few of us are concerned about how our bodies are reacting to the excess weight, the threat we face with diseases we will face because of obesity.   I know all about all three of these feelings but only one has felt more effective.  The latter.

Last year, I worked out 6 days a week and used the "My fitness Pal" app and lost around 25lbs!!  It was hard because I had to log everything I ate into an app and I couldn't just be all willy nilly about what I was putting in my mouth, go back home and sit on the couch to watch TV.  It was work for the obvious reasons but it was easier this time because my choice was really about losing weight.  I had a scare with my health that wasn't weight related but turned out weight could have put me in a better position in the first place.  A year later now and I went off the app for the winter and gained back 8lbs.  My boyfriend has been working tirelessly at eating right and exercising and Im encouraging him and making healthy meals for us both, but forgetting about me in the mix.  I eat healthy for the most part but I don't eat often enough, drink water and take my vitamins.  Went to the doctor again and starting thinking about my age and position in life.

Im in my early 30's with no kids and I am overweight.  Thats the truth and Im not afraid to admit it, you can clearly see I could lose a few pounds.  I want to have children, lower my cholesterol and most of all, my risk of getting cancer.  Most of us don't realize how our bodies respond to excess weight...it responds by treating the weight like cancer.  Even tho I am Gluten free, eat organic foods, nothing fried and am making everything from scratch with no preservatives and low salt, Im still struggling.  Its for all the reasons above, slow metabolism, no gall bladder, eating too late, too much sugar and not moving as much as I was last year.  So the obvious is that I have the to change what I can and apply all the knowledge I have from reading about health as much as I do.  Less than a week ago I made a choice again that ONLY had to do with health.  Not what people think of me, not for a man, not to look better in clothes...but to live longer and healthier and improve my overall experience when I am alive.  To care about me.  I think it's so much easier to care about everyone else...

In starting my business venture to teach people they can do everything they desire if they start "acting", this is me walking the walk; this is me making a choice to trust if I do something about it...the results will come.  Wish me luck, I'm expecting at least some success!

Goodluck on your journey if your back on the health wagon,
Xo Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment